Printed From:

FOR PRICING INFORMATION, CLICK HERE

SAUS.TJO.17.06.4696(2)a

How much should I expect to pay for Toujeo®?

If you go to a pharmacy and ask what the price of a particular prescription medication is, your pharmacist will typically not be able to give you a quick answer. Instead, s/he will need to check whether you have insurance that covers your prescription medications, and if you do, what kind of insurance that is.

All prescription medications have a list price, which is set by the manufacturer.1 Very few people pay the list price.

Toujeo comes in 2 different insulin pen options: Toujeo® SoloStar® (450 units per pen) and Toujeo® Max Solostar® (900 units per pen). Your doctor will recommend which pen is right for you based on your dosage. The list prices for Toujeo are:

Type # of Pens per Pack List Price2
Toujeo SoloStar 3 pens (450 units each) $388.71
Toujeo Max SoloStar 2 pens (900 units each) $518.30

List price is also referred to as wholesale acquisition cost or WAC. WAC is the price at which Sanofi sells its products to wholesalers.

The prices listed above are the cost of medication. There may be other relevant costs associated with the overall treatment (i.e. syringes, blood glucose strips, blood glucose meters, etc.).

The amount you pay will largely depend on a number of factors:

  • Whether you have prescription drug insurance
  • Whether your insurance provider considers the medication to be preferred or not preferred
  • Whether you have met your deductible

Considering these factors, 2 people could pay very different prices for exactly the same prescription medication. For the most accurate information, speak with your insurance provider who knows the details of your plan.

How do you pay for your prescription medications?

About 68% of Toujeo prescriptions cost between $0 and $50 per month—at most $1.66 a day. And the remaining 32% cost on average $210 per month.3

Whether your insurance covers Toujeo or not, Toujeo can cost as little as $0* with the Toujeo Savings card. The Toujeo Savings card offers a $0* copay for the first 3 fills and a $10* copay for the next 12 months. For more information please click here.

Eligibility restrictions apply.

*Eligibility Restrictions

This offer is not valid for prescriptions covered by or submitted for reimbursement under Medicare, Medicaid, VA, DOD, TRICARE, or similar federal or state programs, including any state pharmaceutical programs. Important to note that if you have an Affordable Care (Health Care Exchange) plan, you may still be qualified to receive and use this savings card. Please note, the Federal Employees Health Benefits (FEHB) Program is not a federal or state government health care program for purposes of this savings program. This program is not valid where prohibited by law.

Savings may vary depending on patients' out-of-pocket costs. Upon registration, patients receive all program details. Sanofi US reserves the right to change the maximum cap amount, rescind, revoke, or amend the program without notice.

Offer Terms for Toujeo Savings Card

If you are enrolled in a commercial/private insurance plan you will pay a $0 copay for the first 3 fills and then pay $10 per fill for the next 12 consecutive fills. For the duration of the program, the Savings Card carries maximum savings up to $600 per box. The offer is valid for up to 3 boxes per prescription.

Some people with Part D Coverage are eligible for the Extra Help4 program (a program within Medicare, also known as the Low Income Subsidy or “LIS”) and they typically pay $3-$9 for their prescriptions5. If you would like to check whether you qualify for this program and apply please click here.

If you do not qualify for Extra Help, it is important to know that 7 out of 10 Medicare Part D members are eligible to get the lowest brand-name medication copay for Toujeo6 . This means that about 72% of Toujeo Part D prescriptions cost between $0 and $50 per month – at most $1.66 a day. And the remaining 28% cost on average $239 a month3.

How much you pay for your prescription drugs may change throughout the year for some people with part D insurance. They may pay more in the beginning of the year or later in the year7.

Most people with Medicaid pay between $4 and $9 per month for Toujeo8. To find out if you qualify for Medicaid or for more information about copayments under Medicaid in your state**, please click here.

**All out-of-pocket charges are based on the specific state’s defined payment amount for that service. Certain groups, including children, terminally ill individuals, and individuals residing in an institution are exempt from cost sharing. Refer to your state agency for details about Medicaid out-of-pocket costs.

https://marketplace.cms.gov/technical-assistance-resources/fast-facts-medicaid-chip.pdf. Accessed on 3/2019.

If you do not have insurance that covers your prescription medications, or if your insurance does not cover Toujeo, you can typically expect to pay the list price shown above plus any additional pharmacy charges. The price you pay varies from pharmacy to pharmacy.

Sanofi is committed to providing savings for Toujeo to people who have no insurance. If you don't have prescription medication insurance you can use Sanofi Insulins Valyou Savings Program:
Pay $99 for your monthly supply
of any Sanofi Insulins*.
Guaranteed one monthly set price for up to 10 vials or packs of pens per fill of any one or combination of Sanofi Insulins*.

*Eligibility Restrictions & Offer Terms

This offer is not valid for prescriptions covered by or submitted for reimbursement under Medicare, Medicaid, VA, DOD, TRICARE, or similar federal or state programs, including any state pharmaceutical programs. This program is not valid where prohibited by law.

Sanofi insulins included in this program are: TOUJEO® (insulin glargine injection) 300 Units/mL, LANTUS® (insulin glargine injection) 100 Units/mL, ADMELOG® (insulin lispro injection) and APIDRA® (insulin glulisine injection) 100 Units/mL

This is offer is not valid for prescriptions covered by commercial / private insurance. Only people without prescription medication insurance can apply for this offer. For the duration of the program, eligible patients will pay $99 for up to 10 vials (10mL) or packs of pens per fill. Offer is valid for one fill per month. In order for you to pay $99 per month, you must fill all your Sanofi Insulin prescriptions at the same time, together each month. When using the Insulins Valyou Savings Card, prices are guaranteed for 12 consecutive monthly fills. This offer is not valid for the Max SoloStar pen. The Insulins Valyou Savings Program applies to the cost of medication. There are other relevant costs associated with overall treatment.

If you have any additional questions about this pricing information, please contact Sanofi Customer Service at 800-633-1610.

Patient Assistance Connection provides medication at no cost to patients who meet program eligibility requirements. This program is made possible through Sanofi Cares North America. For additional information please click here.